SUGGESTIONS – WHAT TO CHECK BEFORE HIRING AN APARTMENT
- Consider your requirements, like: Price, nearby to work, schools, after school activities, place for pets, special neighborhood, etc.
- What is most important for you: Kindergarten, schools, buses, Kupat Holim, Play grounds, etc.
- Speak with friends who hire apartments, check what they like or don't like in their flat. Consider that in case they hire the same flat for many years, they are not familiar with the market today.
- We recommend checking the property, to visit the neighborhood for more than an hour and discover all the needed things by your self.
- Check the property closely, is it well kept or in bad condition, should it be repaired, what is the condition of the outfits and the appliances.
- Take a good look at the neighbors! Are they young, old, children, pets. You and your family will like to feel good in the vicinity.
- Check the key locks of doors and windows, alarm system, are there grids? On high floors, with children, it's a problem to live without grids on windows, but also at low floors, because of burglaries.
- Speak with the neighbors; you'll get lots of information about the landlord, the apartment and the neighborhood.
- Don't be deluded by bargains and by beguiling signs!